15 April 2013

Monologue: Never Thought It Would Come To This



This is a possibly 1 minutes monologue that I just wrote for myself, in case I would like to use it for an audition or something, since I am now moving towards pursuing my love for acting. Went to a Short+Sweet workshop at KLPAC, by Alex Broun and Dana Dajani, I was encouraged to start writing scripts. So here it is...

Loosely based on the White-Wolf - World of Darkness vampires in the game, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, the idea came from a dream I had, more like a nightmare of myself as a fledgling thin-blood - hungry, scared, confused and being chased by hunters. So here, I wrote this fan-fic monologue that would have happened, outside of my dream scenario...


(Looking around, squeezing in to sit a tight space.)
Is it safe here? It should be, it should be.

(Panting, curling up in the dark corner, taking time to breathe and reflect.)

How can my life/it all come to this?
It seems like just yesterday when you sired me…

Life would have been beautiful, dark, filled with new (, juicy) adventure!

But now, I’m just running, night after night, just running, from those… monsters. Those… blood… thirsty… monsters…

How could they?…  So cold blooded… So heartless… Slaughtering our brethren, like game animals…

Hypocrites who brand themselves as soldiers of salvation, crusaders of the light… salvation my arse! Each one of them, just as blood thirsty and monstrous as anyone of our kind. Worse. We only kill to survive. They… killing for the numbers, treating us like trophies, feeding their ego, feeding their pride… Lustful. Bloodthirtsy. Hungry. Monsters…

Oh… Jacob, Eliza, Abby….. (Sobbing uncontrollably) So… much… blood… everywhere…

Blood… Oh, I need blood…

Oh how long has it been? Three… Four… four nights…

… Rats. Is that all I can have now?

Can’t feed on a human without getting caught…
I don’t want to run, no more… Sire, where are you? Why can’t you take me with you?

This curse, ‘thin bloods’… Why am I a thin blood?
I will never to be as fast and as strong as you, never to be one of your kind…
But just as hungry as you are… Just as wanted by those bloody… hunters.

Never knew it would come to this… would you?

Rats… yeah… rats.

(Swiftly catches a rat or two, or three, suck them dry, breathes a sigh of relief…)


If for any reason you would like to use this piece in anyway, please leave a comment below.

No comments: