05 September 2009

Perhaps, in another lifetime...

There's this story...


Yet another lifetime wasted...

And so you stood over the fence, asking me come over...
"Come in here, this is where its real, this is the truth, this is where it will all happen..."
I said, "No, you come out. It's outside here that is the world, the truth. Can't you see? You've stayed in there for too long, you've been blinded. We both belong out here!"
"You just never listen do you?"
"Why can't you listen to me instead?"
You shook your head, "No... this is the only truth I know... can't you see what I see?"

Pain starts burning in my heart...
"Fine... Perhaps the path we took has been too different. Lets wait for another lifetime then. Or as many lifetimes as it takes... then perhaps, you would understand..."

...but I'll keep searching for you, the balm for the ache of a thousand years...

"But you don't know my truth the way I do..."
"Maybe I can try..."
"No...you never will..."

No comments: